Wednesday, December 3, 2008



We've got to start somewhere...

Hi, my name is Tony, well, Anthony, but you can call me Tony... or, Anthony. I am married and have 4 kids. I like sunrises and sunsets; trees and water; mountains and valleys; guitars, guitar playing and guitar music. I like football – especially the hitting part. Movies make me cry... so do my kids... and wife. I really enjoy creating, talking and teaching. I don't like to see people hurt or embarrassed; alone or left out. I don't get mad very easily, but I have a quick temper (you know, the agitated, frustrated, lets get moving kind of temper). Sometimes I think that I am a great guy – really funny – and other times... not so much. Sometimes I think “people must love me, maaan I'm great! …aren't you lucky you know me...” then I wonder if anyone even knows who I am, and think “what a butt-head I am...”

I want to be important and then be left alone.

I wonder sometimes how people live with themselves, then remember how hard it is to live with myself, most of the time...

… you know, that may be one of the most profound lines I've ever heard in a movie, as my good friend Captain Teague so eloquently stated “It's not just about living forever Jackie, it's about living with yourself forever.”

I like Mexican, Mexico and Mexicans... but, especially Mexican. I wish I could learn Spanish, but apparently not enough to really try.

To me, to us (the pingitores), we relish laughter... and we fight sometimes. We really protect each other(s dignity) and sometimes attack it. We really enjoy each other's company and then long to be alone. We like to eat, a lot, and then complain that we are fat and that our grocery bill is high.

I hate gossip... but indulge too often. I love to pray, but do too seldom. God's word is wonderful, and then... a chore.

I love people and hate to be with them, I hate people and love to be with them. I love to invest and complain about the time, I complain about investing and love to take the time...

I love church, but wish I didn't have to go; I love to go to church, but wish... and hope... and dream... about what it could be, should be...

I know Jesus loves me, but sometimes, I can only wonder how... or why... and I know I love Jesus and appreciate Him and all He's done, but sometimes, I forget or neglect.

Why share with you these things? Because I want to break the ice. I want you to see, at least a little, into my life and contradictions... I want to invite you to poke your head out of your shell, a little at a time, and as my daughter would say “meet me in the middle” ...to be free, even a little.

To learn to laugh, some, even at our (own) tragedy – the contradictions that we each are – if we are just willing to admit and be honest...

Jesus said, “I have come to set the captives free...”. “Free from what?” We might ask. Maybe the first thing is our shell, our fear, the start... of something new.

Until we learn to admit that we are broken, we will remain that way.

...broken pieces, brought together by God's gracious and skillful hands, to make something beautiful ~ mosaic

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing so honestly. It's not always easy to be truly transparent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. typical flesh-vs-Spirit scenario....everytime i get the chance to give myself a pat on the back im always humbled by the reality that i have a negative to each positive. not that it is a bad thing to realize our flawed nature. the realization simply re-directs the glory to our creator.

    beautifully broken ~nate~

    ReplyDelete